Programming Manager Position
Programming Manager Application Form
The Application Process is now closed for this position. Thank you. (2/17/2017)
Please use the form below to submit your application. Be sure to use the "Attach Your Documents" feature at the end of the form to attach your Cover Letter and Resume. Please also include work references, either as part of your resume or in the "comments" box. If you have any problems/issues using the application form, please email us at: email@example.com or call us directly at (541) 687-2746.
Application review will begin February 20th, 2017.
Interested applicants should submit the following through the WOW Hall website application form located below.
- Cover letter
The full description of the Programming Manager Position can be downloaded (see the link right below this line) and can also be viewed below the application form, at the bottom of this page.
Programming Manager Job Description
The WOW Hall is owned and operated by the Community Center for the Performing Arts, a nonprofit 501(c) 3 organization dedicated to:
- Providing cultural arts and educational opportunities for all ages and income levels
- Preserving and operating the historic Woodmen of the World Hall as a multipurpose community arts center
- Maintaining a supportive environment for local artists and their creative efforts
We are seeking a Programming Manager to ensure the diversity of programming in a manner consistent with the CCPA mission. The Programming Manager manages the event schedule for the CCPA and is responsible for all aspects of booking at the W.O.W. Hall and other venues that may host CCPA co-produced events. This position reports to the Operations Manager if staffed; otherwise the Programming Manager reports to the Board of Directors or its designee. All employees are expected to maintain respectful and professional behaviors toward all Staff, Board members, volunteers and patrons.
Starting wages for this hourly position will be based on skills and experience.
- Communicate with booking agents, promoters, publicists, performing arts organizations, bands and tour managers to negotiate and clarify contracts for each event.
- Place holds on the calendar, send in-house offers, negotiate and confirm offers utilizing the BOD approved offer template, send rental information, secure deposits, explain security, explain publicity options, confirm events, and coordinate with the Production Manager to advance shows.
- Respond to all inquiries in a timely manner and provide explanations of offers, rental rates, technical specifications, hospitality and lodging information to prospective artists and performing arts organizations.
- Meet with the CCPA Publicist weekly to discuss marketing plans and budgets
- Document progress towards quarterly and annual programming goals
- Maintain database of a current client contacts and partnerships with other venues, booking agencies, and performing arts organizations.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Experience in the music booking industry
- A strong understanding of nonprofits
- Business Management
- Media and PR
- Performing Arts experience
- Event Management experience
- Nonprofit experience
- A professional yet friendly demeanor.
- The ability to operate efficiently and gracefully under pressure.
For the rest of the Fiscal Year 2016-2017, pay range for the Programming Manager is $13 to $17 per hour. Starting pay for successful candidate will depend on the skills, experience and available budget.
Applications will be accepted through Friday February 17th, 5pm PST. The application review process begins 2/20/2017.
The Community Center for the Performing Arts is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.